Friday, May 18, 2007

Vancouver and Grouse Mountain

So, I'm in another country... Vancouver is absolutely gorgeous, and the weather has been spectacular.

After a long drive from Salem, Oregon to Vancouver, B.C. (I drove the entire way, btw) that took about 7 hours (plus we stopped for lunch and for gas), we decided to go out to find somewhere to eat. Since it was my birthday, I requested Asian food of some sort (typical me). We found this really cute Japanese restaurant, had some Sapporo beer and sushi, and a tasty birthday dessert of brownies and ice cream with green tea powder sprinkled on top. My friends were kind enough to treat me to dinner, and surprise me with the tasty ice cream concoction. \(^o^)/

In true first-night-in-a-new-country fashion, we decided to stay in the hotel room. Why? Lost, of course. I can't wait for next week...

Yesterday, Beverly, David, Sean, Eric, Elena, Jen, and I went up to Grouse Mountain. The boys wanted to do this insane hike (2.5 miles one way, steep incline), but we weren't too thrilled about it. Ironically, the trails up the mountain were all closed, so we walked downhill (suburban hiking) to a really cool dam, then hiked down further to a river. As David put it, the area was very A River Runs Through It. There was even a guy fly fishing. With any luck, I'll figure out how to post photos, and I'll do that when I get home.

No comments: