Monday, September 10, 2007

自校紹介

If I wrote what I think I wrote, then the title for this post is "self-introduction."

"Yes, I like Japanese food."
"I want to go to Hokkaido when I am in Japan."
"No, I do not speak Japanese with my family."
"Yes, I can use chopsticks."
"No, I don`t have a boyfriend."

Think of that except stretched out into a 50 minute lesson. Now, think of that times 8.

And so goes my first week of school.


Today I`m teaching Elementary school 3rd graders about the weather. We`ll play a game, they`ll repeat the words (but they won`t remember them tomorrow). My entire purpose is to get them excited about English.


On a completely unrelated note, this past weekend was perhaps the best weekend of my time here in Japan. Friday night, Dan, Zac, Shane, and I went out clubbing somewhere in Shinjuku (if you have access to facebook, there are photos there). After a night of general debauchery, we returned to Shane`s apartment and slept from 7am-2:30ishpm. Without incriminating myself or others, I`ll just say we had a lot of fun. I returned to my apartment and watched "Thank you for Smoking" (a great movie, btw). Sunday`s plans included returning to Wakaba Walk and Kawagoe to buy new shoes, curtains, a dishrack, and other semi-necessary stuff. I ended up spending a fair amount of money (shoes are expensive!), however, my search for new curtains continues. I hate my current curtains. The creamsicle orange with green stripes doesn`t really match anything else in my apartment, and that makes me sad.

1 comment:

Melissa Leeanne said...

Hi love, I miss you, thanks for the birthday call and I'll get a headset for skype one of these days and we can do it more often!