Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dasai in Nagano



I'm in a lot of pain.  Not as much as some of my teammates (notably poor Emma with a severely sprained (and thus colorful) ankle, but still.  My right 足 (in the Japanese sense meaning foot and leg) goes from being completely fine (in my sense, meaning perpetually semi-sprained) to being so sore that it hurts to move at all.  My right ring finger (the one next to the finger I broke watching basketball in high school for those of you who know) is not broken (just got it checked today).  Okay, too many parentheses... moving on...

I played lots of soccer this weekend.  It was awesome even though we didn't win any games.  I managed to get kicked in the arm (while standing and reaching overhead for a ball.  Don't ask me how it happened).  I also have a new dislike for a prefecture and an overwhelming sense of dread that many of my friends are leaving.  I also have an awesome "kit" with my name on it and a great new vocabulary that includes words like "kit," "pitch," and "ice lolly (lollie?)."  Anyway, it was fun, now I'm sore.


No comments: