Friday, September 5, 2008

House Guests

My apartment feels empty. I think this may be the first time I've truly felt my apartment is too big since I got here.

I had someone staying in my apartment nearly every night in August. I think I scandalized my poor neighbors. Dan had to move completely out of his apartment on the 31st, but his flight home wasn't until two weeks later. As a result, I had a roommate for the first two weeks of April. Then, about halfway through the second week, I got a call from my friend Kevin... asking if he could move in with me temporarily until he got his own place. Of course I said yes. Dan and Kevin overlapped by a few days, so that was an interesting mix of sophomore year of college and my first year of JET. Both of them spent their days sitting around the apartment while I went to work, so I think/hope they got along well.

Dan left me in mid-August. It was sad. My co-workers think I'm heartbroken.

I played badminton with the center and city hall. It was fun, but my shoulder did not appreciate it. I won every game I played because I'm awesome like that.

I also taught the elemntary school teachers in my city how to teach English. By which I mean I helped them help me how to say vocabulary words.

Dylan hosted us for a vegtastic hippie dinner. I made spaghetti. I'm not sure it went well with the hummus, lentils, and other such veggie hippie dishes, but oh well. Dinner was delicious :)

Our first day of soccer practice is tomorrow. I'm really excited.

No comments: