Wednesday, April 8, 2009

India!

I know I've been sadly neglectful of this blog, but I promise for real this time that I'll post regularly over the next few days regarding my recent trip. I visited India for a little over two weeks and just got back two days ago. It was definitely the most amazing trip I've done. Here's a quick itinerary:

Saturday, March 21st: Flew from Tokyo to Beijing to Delhi
Sunday, March 22nd: Arrived in Delhi, drove down to Jaipur, visited a variety of temples and lesser palaces
Monday, March 23rd: Rode to the Amber Fort on an elephant, visited the City Palace and House of the Winds
Tuesday, March 24th: Drove to (and visited) Fatehpur Sikri , then on to Agra and visited Agra Fort
Wednesday, March 25th: Visited the Taj Mahal, drove to Delhi and visited the Baha'i Lotus Temple
Thursday, March 26th: met Sauna (fellow volunteer) and flew to Hyderabad
Friday, March 27th: met Jonathan (fellow volunteer) took a train to Eluru, then went to our opening ceremony in Gummallapadu Village
Saturday, March 28th - Tuesday, March 31st: built houses in Gummallapadu Village
Wednesday, April 1st: drove to Kavali
Thursday, April 2nd - Monday, April 3rd: painted houses in Kothasatram-Indiranagar Village
Sunday, April 4th: last day of house painting, then took a train from Kavali to Chennai
Monday, April 5th: flew from Chennai to Delhi, then shopped in Paharaganj
Tuesday, April 6th: flew from Delhi to Beijing to Tokyo, then caught last train to my apartment

More to come!

No comments: