Monday, May 18, 2009

Chennai and Paharganj

After our last work day at KI, Emma and I returned to the hotel, showered, packed up, and boarded a train for Chennai in Tamil Nadu. It felt like a completely different country from Andra Pradesh due to the language difference. While the people in Andra Pradesh spoke primarily Telugu, people in Chennai speak Tamil.

We checked into our hotel, I broke the water faucet, and we fell asleep since we had to get up at 3:30 the next morning to catch our 6am flight. We caught our flight up to Delhi, caught a taxi to Paharganj, and checked into our last hotel of the trip (9 total!). We shopped and rested for the rest of the day before our 11pm flight back to Japan. (A word of advice, very few of the sites in Delhi are open on Monday)

The flights back to Beijing then Tokyo were uneventful, but I managed to catch my last train home. Emma took off half of the next day, but I'm out of leave, so I slept for 5 hours, showered, then went to work the next morning.

Overall, it was an absolutely incredible experience, and I really hope to go back (maybe December).

No comments: