Wednesday, August 8, 2007

よこそう日高!

Yesterday I arrived in Hidaka city, my home for the next year. Hidaka is shockingly close to Kawagoe. Last night the 6 Hidaka ALTs went out to dinner at the Oatman Diner, an American restaurant right outside of Crea Mall. I know this doesn`t mean much to most of you reading this, but any fellow JSP alums know the restaurant. I`m really enjoying myself so far. Zach, Jenny, and I met at the Tokyo Orientation at the Keio Plaza Hotel and we all get along really well. Yesterday, in Hidaka, we met the other new ALT and the two returnees.

As much as I`m enjoying myself, it all still seems surreal. Wandering around Crea Mall yesterday was definitely a flash back two years to fall semester of my junior year. Furthermore, the fact that I have my own apartment and I`ll be cooking and cleaning up after myself completely is simultaneously liberating and intimidating (especially when I can`t read the kanji on some of the buttons in my apartment). Furthermore, while the other ALTs are all within walking distance, it feels strange not to have people just down the hall to talk to.

Unfortunately, I won`t have internet until after I get my 外人 card, so I`ll only be checking my email at work or on another ALTs computer. As always, I can be reached through email or facebook.

No comments: