Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Waimea Bay and my last sunburn for awhile

I realize it has been over a month since my last post, and I apologize. To summarize, the past five weeks have been pretty uninteresting. I've been working at Punahou Summer School, got a sizable raise, and finally worked with children for a few days. I also led Vacation Bible School, probably for the last time, and had a visitor.

My friend from Willamette came for a week and a half. We visited a number of beaches, many of them multiple times, and hiked up to Manoa Falls (which I believe to be a far superior hike to Diamond Head, although much less iconic). Overall, I think he enjoyed himself, and I had fun hanging out with him.

Recently, I've been making preparations to go to Japan, as I leave on Saturday. I spent much of my time at the beach crossing items off my to-do list, including writing some belated thank you cards and hemming pants for my short Asian legs. Luckily today's beach trip was much less productive, except in the sense that I improved my tan. Saturday is approaching quickly, and I am really excited!

On a semi-related note, my phone will be no longer in operation as of Saturday (and as of now, I have less than 19 Whenever minutes), so if you would like to talk to me over the phone, call me before then. I will be getting a Skype headset in the near future, and I will keep you posted.

No comments: