Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birthday recap

So... the birthday went well.  I think everyone had fun and I've yet to receive a letter from my neighbor, so it was a success.  We stayed up until 4ish watching Grease and talking, then stayed in pajamas for most of Saturday.  

Also we randomly ran into someone I used to work with.  I'm still really lazy, so I'm just copy/paste-ing this from facebook:
"So, random story... while we were walking to the karaoke place from the restaurant, I heard someone calling my name. I turn around to see this woman waving at me from across the parking lot. She used to work with me at Takahagi JHS. Me, being in a celebratory mood, invited her and her husband to come along to karaoke with us. Shockingly, they said yes."  
Honestly it didn't take much to convince them.  It was pretty funny because her husband was really drunk and he jumped at the chance to go to karaoke, speak English, and drink more.

Otherwise, I'm just trying to figure out what my schedule is for the week I'm back in America.  I'm super excited!  There are a ton of people I'm trying to see, so I just hope I can fit everyone in.  Also, I need to buy jeans (buying pants in Japan is depressing because sizes range from 0 to 6) and underwear (there's no Victoria's Secret in Japan and there's no point in paying $30 for shipping if I can help it).  Thirdly, I promised my co-teacher I would show him an American L-size fast food soft drink.  I'm writing this down in the hopes that I don't forget and if I do, I can look here and "remember."

In other travel news, I've scheduled my flight home for Christmas.  The blame simultaneously lies with my mother and rising fuel costs.  Anyway, I'll be in Hawaii between the 20th and 27th of December and in Hilo from the 24th to the morning of the 26th.

In other Hilo news, I've been watching random videos on youtube lately and I stumbled across nigahiga.  If you know Hilo at all, you can tell these are Hilo boys really quickly.  Plus, their latest video is called "Hilo Puppets."  Anyway, they're really popular (like #2 most subscribed comedians as of this posting).  Yay Hilo!

In other other Hawaii news, Punahou has lately been ranked #1 for high school sports by Sports Illustrated.  Yay Punahou!

No comments: