Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Golden Week quick re-cap

I'm exhausted and achy (metaphorically and physically).  Here's a quick summary of the past week:

Nick came to visit before going to Thailand.  We went to Ueno with his friend from Sapporo and some of the other JETs.  Then he left and Jen A came.  We went to Nikko, Kamakura, and Yokohama and they were awesome.  Peter and his brother came.  We went to Shinjuku in the rain, then an art museum in Ueno, then met up with Aki and Chika (PAs when I was a JSP participant at TIU) for okonomiyaki.  Peter and his brother left.  Jen A and I went to Harajuku on the day everyone else in Tokyo decided to go there, then de-compressed at a public bath.  Then we went to Asakusa, the Imperial Palace, Ginza, Akihabara, and Shinjuku before hitting Gyukaku near TIU.  Then we went to Ikebukuro, and finally Narita Airport.  

All that in one week and one day.  It was amazing.  

As if the karma gods are punishing me for having so much fun last week, I fell down some stairs on the lonely ride home from the airport and my left ankle is now swollen.  I'm going to bed, but I'll post more later.  

No comments: